How to join Goosechase:
- Download the Goosechase App by searching “Goosechase” on the App Store or Google Play
- Once in the app, choose to play as a guest, create an account, or log in.
- Look for the game— “Around the World Embassy Tour”, or join with code QPM7P1.
- It is a good idea to turn on the notifications, the game will go live at 10 am on Saturday, May 6 and you will get notified.
- When it's ready, start to play.
- The game is not designed to complete all the missions, but to choose your favorites and have fun!
By entering the Around The World Embassy Contest, you agree to abide by the Contest’s Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. CONTEST DETAILS. The information and definitions below shall apply to this Contest and may be referred to throughout these Official Rules.
- Contest Name: Around The World Embassy Tour (“Contest”)
- Sponsor: Washington Convention and Sports Authority t/a Events DC (“Sponsor”)
- Eligible Area: This Contest is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. residents of Maryland, Virginia or Washington, DC.
- Minimum Eligible Age: 18
- Contest Period: The following time period represents the time period in which you may enter the Contest (“Contest Period”)
Start Date/Time: 5/6/2023 at 10:00:00 a.m.
End Date/Time: 5/6/2023 at 4:59:59 p.m.
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
- Entry Limit: One (1) entry per person/e-mail address/household during the Contest Period.
- Winner Selection Dates: 5/20/2023
- Prize Description: 5 winners will get 2 tickets to the 2023 Giant National Capital BBQ Battle
- Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): ~ $40
- Prize Provider(s): Events DC
List of Winner(s): For the name(s) of the winner(s) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to the Sponsor with a mention of the Contest’s name and “Winners List” on the outside of the envelope.
- You will be required to enter your e-mail address when you join the Contest.
- E-mails will be used to contact winners.
- Your submissions can’t contain any profanity, including without limitation, your username and recorded answers to the missions.
- Players will play as individuals.
- If you plan on playing as a ‘team,’ please only use one account.
- You may complete the missions in any order.
- The Sponsor can delete submissions and player profiles as it sees fit.
- Some missions will require you to complete them within the Goosechase app in live time.
- The Goosechase Leaderboard is a fun way to engage with other players but does not necessarily reflect who will receive prizes.
- By taking part in the Contest, you acknowledge that your photo and video submissions are your original content, and will be available for other participants to see and for Sponsor to promote on social media and other channels.
- Sponsor reserves the right to make changes to the Contest rules to maintain fairness and ensure the experience remains fun and engaging for all participants, including without limitation, determining the winner in the event of any tie(s).
- PRIZE CONDITIONS. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions and restrictions may apply, as specified herein or as stated within the prize notification. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Sponsor is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. The prize may be fulfilled by a third party. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to these Official Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified herein as being provided are solely the responsibility of the winner.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. The Sponsor will retain the entrant's personal data for a reasonable period of time to enable it to send that entrant any prize that they have won and to verify that these Official Rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. This data may be passed to a third party to enable such third party to fulfill any necessary requirements relating to the award of a prize.
- TAXES. Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported to the IRS as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein. The winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and, as applicable, a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning prizes from the Sponsor in a calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of those prizes to the IRS.
- RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Sponsor and any applicable third-party fulfillment service and each of their respective employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury or death) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Contest, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the prize, winner(s) hereby agrees: (a) to release each of the Released Parties from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prize(s); and (b) where allowed by law, to sign a publicity release confirming consent to use the winner’s name/likeness prior to acceptance of the prize.
- BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in the District of Columbia in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply District of Columbia law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest’s Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the District of Columbia.